First Baptist, Athens is a come as you are church.
When you come to First Baptist you can expect:
- A worship experience that is contemporary, upbeat, and hopefully, draws you into the presence of God
- A message from our pastor that is Biblical, practical, and relevant to the world we live in today.
- A children’s experience in the Lodge that will have your kids begging to come back next week.
- A student experience that will lead them into a deeper walk with God and doing so with other students facing the same challenges.
- A place where adults – married, single, young, and old – can come and study the word of God in our Bible Fellowship Groups.
- Dress? A casual atmosphere. Come as you wish – there are definitely no dress codes here.
- A place to hang out and get to know others. FBC has its own coffeebar in the Global Cafe. Enjoy a cappuccino or latte before or after the service
- Sunday Mornings
- 8:30am Traditional Service (church choir and hymns)
- 9:30am Bible Fellowship Groups
- 10:45am Contemporary Service
The first service begins at 8:30am and gets out around 9:30am. The early service is a traditional Baptist service featuring our church choir and traditional hymns. The second service begins at 10:45am and lets out around 12:05. Our late service is a contemporary service with music by a full band. Dress is much more casual and the music is a little louder.
- Wednesday Evenings
- 6:00pm Children’s Activities (Treehouse entrance) Pre-K – 5th
- 6:17pm Prayer Meeting and Bible Study
- 7:00pm Midweek Student Gathering (ROC) 6th-12th
- 7:30pm Sanctuary Choir Rehearsal
We hope that you will not just check us out here on our website, but will honor us by coming and experiencing FBC Athens in person!